Friday, February 26, 2010

Lets Give This Another Go

There is no romance in renovating a house.
Forget all the shit you read in all those renovation magazines, the photos of the happy people, the very short stories of the struggles they went through to get their dream homes.
It's expensive, messy, and can get downright bloody.
The Hubs & I will fight tooth & nail for days about stupid shit like what kind of toilet tank guts to buy.  Or whether his buddy, who's working for us gets to have a say in what stuff I want to go in MY house.
And of course,we fight about money. But that's universal, we fight about money all the time anyway.

We've been renovating this house for almost 9 years.  
I really think that we could have bought a new house for less money.
But, oh, we are supposed to be doing it because of our love for old houses.
That wore off about 8.5 years ago.
I do love old houses. Now I just love old houses that are done.  I want to live in an old house where the damn work has been done by previous owners.
The only thing I want to worry about is whether I should buy that pretty shabby chic comforter for the guest room.

But, we are both fucking crazy.  We'll keep doing this until the house is done. Then it will be time for Hubby to retire, and it's time to downsize.

Welcome to my blog.  I can't promise my procrastinating ass will post a lot of photos, but I'll make sure to vent about all the wonderfulness of old house renovation.  Maybe you can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts Are Welcome